Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blogger Challenge 17: Are You Named After Anyone?

I know I've been REALLY bad about posting these challenges, but I've been side-tracked by my son's military leave from Afghanistan and trying to spend as much time with him as possible because now I won't see him for at least 7 months.  However, I'm going to *try* to catch up before the end of the challenge. 

While my first name wasn't after anyone, my middle name was in honor of my aunt (my mother's sister).  Although really, my father had a sister named Kathy too.  Anyways...genealogy is a hobby I discovered a little over 10 years ago, and found it's been common for a name to be carried on through at least one child.  Sometimes it would be just the oldest, sometimes all of the children in the family.  Sometimes it would be to carry on the mother's maiden name, the father's first name as the middle name, to honor a person that has died, or a favorite relative.

Circa 1970's
November 2003












Nobody tell her I posted these okay? 
Otherwise she may hop in her car and drive 36 hours to come and kick my ass and stand over me until I delete them.  Not that I wouldn't love to see her, just not for that reason.

While her name is Kathy, I was given the name Kay.  Growing up, my initials were KKC.  But since my last name is German, it sounds like a "K."  Being called KKK was a common error.  Those that know me, may now come to the realization that my initials are actually KKK.  Not really something you want to monogram...

Family Tree Maker 2011 EssentialsGenealogy: Uncovering Your AncestryThe Everything Guide to Online Genealogy: A complete resource to using the Web to trace your family history (Everything Series)The Genealogy Guide: How To Trace Your Family History (Kindle Edition)Genealogy Uncovering Your Ancestry

If you want to join me on this blogging journey, I would love to learn more about you. Just post a comment with your link so I can read it and you can grab a linky at  it's gravy, baby for your blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment