Day 1: Post a picture of yourself and 10 facts about you.
|7-8 months old and a pic you're all tired of looking at.|
- I'm a mom to 3 boys. Since 2 have their birthdays within this next week, I'll give their future ages: 24, 20 and 17.
- My birthday is April 7th and I'm an Aries (I don't care what the new horoscope crap says) I'm currently 40, turning 41 next month and looking damn good for a grandma. (I have a 4 year old granddaughter too).
- I have been married (and divorced) three times. That's right, I said 3. Each was a mistake, although I can admit that I never repeated the same "mistake.". Live and learn. (My children are from my first 2 marriages.)
- I love genealogy. I got into it about 12 years ago. Although I've been slacking for about 6 years now LOL I'd love to get back into it, but I know it requires reentering all of the information that I have which will take months, if not years. So, I'm procrastinating.
- I love to write. Which is why I love to blog. This is my umpteenth blog. I start, I procrastinate blogging, I quit. I also belong to a housecleaning drill-team blog. I procrastinate blogging to that too.
- I'm a procrastinator. (SHOCKING!)
- I'm bipolar. I was diagnosed in November 2005 as being a type 2 bipolar person. I took a lot of drugs and saw a lot of therapists and psychiatrists and quit after 2 years of being a zombie. I've attempted to go back to therapy multiple times but always ended up on new zombie drugs. However, I began seeing a new therapist and psych back in September and was diagnosed as manic depressive/bipolar. Which is good. Because I'm no longer on the zombie drugs suffering from multiple side effects. I'm also anxiety-ridden. I have panic attacks when I'm in large groups of people, or even small groups of people if I don't know them. With therapy, meds and an awesome boyfriend, I'm trying to overcome it.
- My best friends are those from my housecleaning group. We chat every day. Some days we clean, some days we don't. Some days we run errands, some days we don't. But we're always there for each other, through thick and thin. Even if we don't live a few miles from each other.
- Why do I belong to a housecleaning group? Well, because 10 years ago, I was working full-time and trying to raise a family and keep the house clean and laundry done and cook dinner and I was a wreck. I like things organized, and I was beyond any type of organization. So, I looked online and found Flylady. While Flylady was good for me for a couple of years, I needed something more structured. I found the PCC group on Yahoo. In the group, we use a point based system for chores, errands, goals, etc. The group helps me stay focused on getting things done instead of procrastinating. I set the amount of points I want to get per day/week/month/year and reward myself when I reach my goals. Rewards can be as simple as allowing myself time to play on the computer, watch a movie or tv show, read a book, take a hot bath or purchase something I want. (Although I restrict purchases only to reaching my monthly goal).
- I'm determined to get to my goal weight and get tone by the end of the year using Sparkpeople. The site is great because it has FREE nutritional and fitness tracking as well as motivational tips (which is the main reason people fail in their weight loss goals.) Did I mention it was all free?
Join the Web's Only Nutrition & Fitness Program Just For Teens! Diet
If you want to join me on this blogging journey, I would love to learn more about you. Just post a comment with your link so I can read it and you can grab a linky at it's gravy, baby for your blog too.